Our Edwardian Lodge is located in a peaceful tree lined road close to all amenities in Surbiton. We aim to meet the needs of our guests giving assistance where ever possible but there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
We have 18 ensuite bedrooms, 3 of which are located on the ground floor;one being a Family Room which is close to the front door.
On entering the building from the front door there is a small step over the threshold of the door frame. On entering the main entrance there are two small steps of 6cm in height, only suitable for wheelchair assisted access.
The other 15 rooms are on the first &second floors, access to these rooms are only by stairs as there is no lift available.
We are open all year;bookings can be made on-line or by contacting the hotel directly. A Credit Card will always be required to confirm any reservation.
If you require further details or have any comments about our services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.
- We are located close to Surbiton's amenities so the Lodge is suited to those traveling with or without a car. The nearest shops, restaurants, banks etc are 10 min walk.
- The nearest railway station is Surbiton;from here there is a fast service - 15min train journey to London Waterloo Station also from Surbiton you can link to London Underground via Wimbledon or Waterloo.
- To the airports by train:Gatwick Airport - Surbiton Station change at Clapham Junction –Gatwick Express.
- City Airport –Surbiton Station –Waterloo Station - Underground Jubilee Line to Canning Town change for DLR (Docklands Light Railway) for City Airport.
- Heathrow Airport –Surbiton there are no direct rail links. Bus No:X26 &285 run frequently to Kingston Bus Station –many buses pass the end of Lovelace Road or Bus No:514 runs hourly stopping outside the Lodge. Taxi can be arranged and booked prior to arrival for any of the airports.
- Our website:www.dittonlodge.co.uk provides travel information and directions via Multimap.
- You can contact the Lodge by telephone, fax or email if you need any assistance or requests.
- There are Red Fire Extinguishers, Red Break - Glass alarm boxes, Alarm Sounders and Emergency Lighting mounted in all public areas on each floor.
- In the event of fire you will hear the alarm throughout the building you will need to immediately evacuate via the main entrances.
- Do not return to your room to collect valuable belongings until is has been permitted by a Fire Officer.
- We are happy to cater for Special diets or any particular food requests prior to arrival.
- e are happy to refrigerate or freeze any medication, perishable food or special diets for a limited period.
- ars can only be left in the car park while guests are staying in the hotel.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advice us of your anticipated arrival time, check-in is from 1:30 –10pm.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 1:30pm. Early or late arrival may, however be possible by arrangement. Please contact the Lodge if there are any changes to your reservation booking.
- Parking is on a level gravel drive in front of Lodge with access either side of the drive. Parking is not allocated nor can be reserved or cars left when guests are not residing in the lodge.
- There is Off- Street parking on the opposite side of the road from the Lodge from 6:00pm-10am.
- Parking is restricted from Mon- Sat 10-12noon and 4-6pm
- Bricked paved path from the street to the front door.
- There are 2 small steps 6cm in height, door frame widths 99cms.
- From the drive to the right of the building there is a raised one step terraced sitting area suitable for relaxing or smoking.
Guest accommodation - Public Areas
Smoking is not permitted in any Public area unless outside the building.
- The hallway has a wood floor with a central rug, a sitting area with a sofa and chair.
- Public telephone and guest information brochures.
- Hallway leads to Dining Room, Lounge, 2 cloakrooms and garden -2 steps outside.
- Main staircase to first floor has 17 steps and is 90cm wide. It is centrally carpeted with a fixed dado rail to the left and balustrade to the right.
Lounge and Bar
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge at any time till 10pm.
- The Lounge has two sofas, two arm chairs, two straight back chairs and tables, coffee table with a bookcase with books and games.
- Daily newspapers are delivered for the guests any other publications can be arranged 24 hour before or prior to arrival.
- Wifi internet is accessible throughout the Lodge;direct access is only accessible in some bedrooms.
- The lounge is carpeted and has an open fire during cold days
- We are licensed to serve alcohol.
- Food can be arranged on request.
- The garden is accessible from the hall - two steps down outside, from the side of the building direct level access to terrace.
- We have a large garden with a lawn, flower beds and fruit trees
- Guests are very welcome to relax and enjoy the garden at all times
- On the terrace there are tables, chairs and umbrellas are set up be used all year round.
- There is a ramp or four wide central steps to the lawn.
- The dining room is carpeted and has 9 square tables &18 chairs.
- Breakfast is a buffet and waitress served service between 7- 9am during the week days and 8-10am at weekends.
- Room service or food requests can be arranged at reception.
- We try to meet all guests dietary requirements we would prefer advanced noticed at the time of booking.
- All 18 Bedrooms are located on ground, first and second floors (no lift) and are carpeted throughout.
- All bedrooms are ensuite with tiled bathroom floor, consisting of a shower, basin and toilet, wall mounted hairdryer. Towels, plastic cups, tissue, soap and shampoo are provided.
- Ours bed sizes vary from a Single 90cm, Double 1:40cm, King size 1:50 and a Super King ( 2 x single beds) 1:80cm
- The beds are covered with a mattress cover, two sheets, synthetic duvet and cover and one pillow, additional pillow and blanket stored in the bedroom cupboard. All bed linen, sheet and pillow case are 100% cotton
- We are happy to provide additional pillows and blankets.
- Please give prior notification of any particular allergy or request.
- In the bedroom there is a wardrobe, ironing board and iron, drawer unit or dressing table, bedside tables, lamps, a desk and chair.
- Most rooms have additional chairs, arm chair or sofa.
- Tea and coffee making facility
- Central heating is thermostatically controlled in every bedroom.
- All bedrooms have a Flat screen TV and Wifi access.